The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pantry Design


We completed extensive renovations on our farmhouse about 3 years ago, redoing and expanding the second floor, adding on a wrap-around porch and pantry/workroom and connecting the basement with the crawlspace.  All of the rooms have been painted, furnished, decorated and filled with all sorts of things - this was easy to do because each of the spaces had a specific use - I knew what to do with them...except for the workroom off of the kitchen.  

This small room has become the main entrance into the house, as it is right off of the back porch and guests seem to take the porch steps into the house - they are wide, well lit and much safer than the front stone steps - which lead into the conservatory anyway since we don't use the original farmhouse door.  

(P.S. For the last 20 minutes I have been looking for photos of our front doors and porch but everything is so disorganized that I can't find a thing to post.  I will have to make another appointment with the Apple store to help me sort this our and organize my photos.) 

The photo in this post is the design for the workroom that I found on Pinterest and it's perfect!  This room needs to serve as a garden workroom, pantry, entertainment area to hold bar and buffet spreads and an entry mudroom for coats, boots, etc.  So, you can see why I have had so much trouble with the design.  I also didn't want the room to look like a kitchen - every designer I worked with ended up showing me a room that looked like a kitchen.  We will be adding a farm sink and an Sub-Zero glass-front refrigerator to the room.  

My contractor makes a second visit this evening, to begin planning and scheduling everything that needs to be done.  I am very excited and relieved to finally have a design and plan!  

Ciao, bella!
xxoo













http://pinterest.com/pin/83035186849560343/


5 comments:

  1. What a great idea - I look forward to seeing how it comes along. I really like the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun to watch your progress on this project. It sounds like a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your inspiration photo. It will be heavenly! I wish you the best with your renovation. P.S. I am captivated by the antique bottles in your header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE HAVING FUN DECORATING......CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINAL RESULTS
    I'M SURE IT WILL BE JUST PERFECT....YOUR HOUSE IS GORGEOUS...YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB DECORATING IT...
    LOVE YOUR HEADER TOO.....HOPE ALL IS WELL.....TAKE CARE FARM GIRL.....LOVE YA...AUNT RIZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be so exciting! I love the inspiration photo. Can't wait to see photos of the progress.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.