The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Harvest Moon at Frog Hollow Farm


Last night was such a beautiful night to sit out on the porch at Frog Hollow Farm with a glass of wine and some delicious appetizers.  The air temperature was just right and the most beautiful waning harvest moon was peeking over the treetops at the back of the south field.  Even with the brightness of that moon it was pretty dark outside and our little porch, lit with a few small candles and lanterns, seemed like it's own little world, safe and sound from any harm. 
FHFB had been wallpapering our dining room for most of the day and it was time to kick back and relax.  We've chosen the Herndon Straw pattern from Thibaut's Chelsea collection.  The image from the Thibaut website is a little blurry but I have to tell you that the paper looks just beautiful on the walls!



(Have I ever told you that FHFB is the most expert wallpaperer in the world?)

Our Appetizers

Roasted pancetta and goat cheese drizzled with honey
Picholine olives, which are a French green olive, salt-brine cured, with subtle, lightly salty flavor
sicilian style olives, A medium green color olive, crisp and salty.

Dinner

Pan-roasted Frog Hollow Farm stuffed green peppers
Fresh, whole wheat linguini
Frog Hollow Farm marinara sauce
Arugula and red-leaf lettuce salad with a light vinaigrette

Dessert
Raspberry pies in a jar (Yvonne's recipe at Stone Gable)

I'm still studying for my NCED exam in early November but found time to have lunch at our local Brew Pub last week with Bunny, a fabulously talented woman and owner of The Paris House Designs. 

It was such a pleasure to meet her and chat for awhile, and she brought me the most gorgeous gift of several MOR beauty products -  MOR is proudly Australian and recognized globally for its range of innovative, luxurious pampering body care and lifestyle products. 

Please take a moment to stop by Bunny's absolutely beautiful Paris House Designs website and blog - it will take your breath away and leave you with a ton of new ideas for your home as well as ideas to pamper and take care of yourself! 

Ciao, bella!

5 comments:

  1. FHFG,I love the picture of the harvest moon from your porch, it should be in a magazine, just gorgeous! Your menu sounds wonderful and I need to head over to Stone Gable for that recipe! Yummy!! I had such a wonderful time at lunch last week, lets not let too much time pass before we meet again. Next time Mr. Dorkalicious will probably join us ( he was so cute, he would have come down to meet us but he didn't know he was invited to come play, I told him next time he can come!! )
    Have a great evening and thank you for mentioning me and my blog in your post, I am so happy you like the MOR products.
    xoxo
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO MY FARM GIRL, WOW!! WHAT A MOON.....JUST BEAUTIFUL. YOUR DINNER AND APPITIZER SOUNDS DELICIOUS.....LOVE YOUR WALLPAPER, I BET YOU WILL BE GLAD WHEN THIS IS ALL FINISHED.
    I THINK BUNNY IS A SPECIAL LADY
    TOO. I LOVE GOING TO HER BLOG, SHE MAKES ME FEEL YOUNG AT HEART. :) TAKE CARE,
    LOVE, AUNT RIZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed you. The photo of the moon is just wonderful. I love the moon and oh I wish I could come and dine with you. Everything sounds so very good.Great wallpaper.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    Your harvest moon, the wallpaper and the delicious food all look and sound wonderful! And your pumpkins look similar to ours although I'm not familiar with their variety. This was our first year growing baking pumpkins so I'm really out of the loop on all that. One recipe I looked at however mentioned that any pumpkin can be used in baking, the texture will just vary.
    Your wallpaper is gorgeous! I love the Damask patterns and have in fact, been looking at Damask fabrics for the past several weeks.
    Happy fall to you!
    xoTrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog. The view from your porch is just gorgeous. I live in Essex County, NJ, and my husband and I once took fly-fishing lessons out in your neck of the woods. We fell in love with the area. All those stone walls and old houses--beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.