Hi everyone! I'm so happy to be back on my blog - the last few weeks had been invaded by hours of studying and meeting with a study group in preparation for an exam. With a passing grade, this exam provides credentials documenting expertise in special education assessment, along with many other benefits. I'm glad that I prepared for the exam and have it completed, but am also extremely happy and relieved that it's off my radar - I much prefer decorating, cooking, shopping, entertaining, reading, enjoying the seasonal changes, planning parties and dinners and relaxing to studying these days.
My list of things to do this week include:
- create menus for the remainder of the week - I'm trying out the South Beach diet and have been pretty happy with the results so far
- order a turkey from Ashley Farms here in Northwest New Jersey
- plan Thanksgiving menu and recipes - we're providing the appetizers, turkey, stuffing, gravy here at Frog Hollow Farm - my sisters are bringing the side dishes and desserts - how lucky am I?
- plan menu for the Frog Hollow Farm Christmas party
- design a menu for Christmas Eve - celebrated for so many years with our long time dear friends the MacPeeks (hope you can make it Liz!)
- create a menu for Christmas morning breakfast
- figure out which take-along dish we're bringing to Christmas dinner in New Brunswick - FHFB's brother and wife always host this very festive and wonderful day
I'd rather organize and plan for dinner parties and create a cozy and comfortable home than study any day!
On Friday some new furniture will be arriving here at the Frog Hollow Farmhouse so I'll be able to show you the results of our dining room and living room makeover that we've been working on since the end of the summer - just in time for the holidays.