The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Friday, January 21, 2011

I've been meaning to blog about my little purchase from Lara Harris through her Etsy store at http://www.studiolara316.etsy.com/

Lara is donating the money she makes from her paintings to a family member for medical treatment. 

Lara was really so easy and wonderful to work with - she tweaked the colors of this little nest painting to include some of the green that is in the rest of the room. 


I placed it in our upstairs bathroom, on top of an old medicine cabinet.  For some reason I've established a bird motif in this room so this adorable nest fit perfectly, and it was so nice to know that the purchase was helping someone in need. 


Posted by Picasa
You can see the painting on top of the medicine cabinet on the left.
 
Some good news, my dad is back at home and doing well.  He's on 11 meds each morning and will be seeing his cardiologist more often now.  We're so lucky to have my brother and his wife living with dad. 
 
Here's another picture of Miss Olive making herself comfortable in our daughter's bed.

9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your dad is back home again!

    Hugs to all of you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God your dad is home, I've been praying for all of you.
    The painting is so pretty and such a wonderful artist with a big heart!!!

    Isn't it so beautiful outside today in our lovely town...we are so blessed!! I love the snow on sun shiny days.
    Ollie is home so we are baking cookies...
    Stay warm
    Xx
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR PAINTING FARM GIRL, IT LOOKS NICE IN YOUR BATHROOM.
    I HOPE YOUR DAD KEEPS GETTING BETTER, AND GETS HIS STRENGH BACK AGAIN, AND NO MORE HOSPITAL. PRAYERS ARE GOING HIS WAY ALL THE TIME, AND YOU TOO, I KNOW HOW MUCH STRESS THIS CAN BE. TAKE CARE.
    LOVE AUNT RIZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your blog post! Love how the painting looks in your home! :)) xx LARA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy your Dad is back home. That's good news.

    Love Lara's painting! I'm so happy you found it.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been by in a while....looks like lots has happened in your world....glad your dad is back home and doing well.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...glad to hear that your dad is on the mend...love the picture of the nest...love your bathroom...and YOU KNOW I LOVE Miss Olive...how cute is she? adorable....

    happy to visit today, my friend

    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear that your Dad is doing better. What an adorable painting. I'll have to check out her site.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.