The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello Everyone!

Hi everyone, I am so happy to finally be sitting down at my computer and sharing with all of my wonderful blogger friends!  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas - Thanksgiving Day was celebrated here and Christmas was with Frog Hollow Farm Boy's family.  Both days were full of fun, family, food and our signature cocktails.

So, I'm just posting a few photos to get you up to date with some things.  

Our Thanksgiving Table


Some Christmas Decorations


Our cat Olive sitting on a warm woodstove!


One more photo from our July trip to Ireland, just needed to share that blue water with you all!


Wedding dress in window in Florence, Italy


This is a magnificent photo of our brave boy Connor.  

Connor is my niece Jennifer's little boy.  He was diagnosed with a form of leukemia in late October and is being treated vigorously with different chemotherapy medications - the treatment protocol involves two years of treatment.  

This photo was take by a photographer with a company called Flashes of Hope at the hospital right when Connor was diagnosed.  Since then Connor has lost his hair.  
His prognosis is very good - we pray for him every day.  

That's all for now friends.  I will be visiting as many of you as I can - that's the fun part of blogging!

Ciao, bella!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful boy Connor is! My prayers are with him and all of you as you endure his treatments! He has the sweetest face! Sounds like you were gone for a while too. Sometimes a break is perfect for blogging isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back blogging again, Ann Marie! I'm glad to hear that Connor is doing well. I followed his progress on FB and he has been in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Connor, but happy to hear his prognosis is good. I hope he is doing well. What a beautiful boy he is. I'll say a prayer for him! Love your other photos...especially the one of your kitty on the woodstove!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. your kitty is brave sitting there! love the blue water too~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.