The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Monday, January 25, 2010

The 4th Monday

Today is the 4th Monday of my retirement - that wonderful fact meant that I didn't have to set the alarm clock or think about anything except scheduling things that I wanted to do. As it turned out I was up at 5:30am anyway, some habits are hard to break.
My struggle is balancing dedicating time in my home and exploring the world of retail! One thing that I've made a commitment to is to use my new situation (retirement) to help out more at home with things instead of relying on my husband - he has his own business with an office only a couple of miles from home, so he's always been very available for things. This was always important and so helpful when our children were young. So, to follow that goal of increased support and help, I'm waiting for a stove guy to come and install a new propane stove in our conservatory but I just got a phone call that it's too windy for the installation today so it's been rescheduled for tomorrow. That means I can head over to my destination of the day, the Bobbi Brown store in Montclair. I want to pick up a few new things for our trip to Mexico, which I could really do at any Bobbi Brown counter - but- what I am really looking forward to is bringing all of my Bobbi Brown make-up to the store and have the consultants go through it with me and let me know what I should trash, replace and/or keep. The consultant from the store was very helpful on the phone and told me to come in anytime, that they'd be happy to go through my make-up with me, so I'm feeling pretty comfortable with going in with my 10 pound bag of make-up. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Go Mom Go!

    I think your first blog post rocks. It is sweet, sensible, and grateful, and ends with me picturing you pouring out a big bag of makeup on a glass countertop somewhere. All those little containers of makeup clattering about are like the many blogposts to come. I'm looking forward to reading!

    love,
    Child One

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! You have the honor of being the first to comment on my new post - Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reading! Looking forward to more posts. I like your use of photography. : )

    Love,
    Child Two

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'll make sure to let you know if I am posting photos of you or Frank - just to make sure it's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.