The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Absolutely Loving Retirement

I just love waking up and having the day ahead of me to prepare a great dinner with new delicious recipes and without the stress of having worked all day.
I'm sitting at my kitchen table looking out at our partially frozen pond, with a pot of blossomed mini-daffodil bulbs between me and the window. Although it's always been important for me to take care of our home and make it as comfortable and attractive as possible, I didn't takeenough time to enjoy it. Being able to appreciate the beauty of the wintry pond in the comfort of my kitchen while cooking up some new recipes for dinner is truly a blesssing. I'm preparing dinner ahead of time because of some errands I need to take care of during the day, and I won't be getting home until 6:30 tonight. This is what we are having for dinner:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.