The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Going Backwards

I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like things go backwards here in our home. For example, we had renovated our basement and turned it into a very functional two-room office space for my husband's business. The office has an outside entrance off of the side of our home and worked beautifully for many years, until the business expanded to the point where a larger space was needed.
My husband continued to use the home office from time to time, and the computers left there were great backup when the new office work stations were off-line or in need of repair. During this time we had a flood in the home office space - which ended up with us having to rip up the rugs and completely dry out the entire area, including the built-in desks and file cabinets. So, imagine, the rug was ripped out, the floor moulding came up with it, and the place looked just awful. We were reluctant to install a new rug because we were in the middle of construction at that time and my husband was afraid that the drainage around the house was still not in place. So, the office area, like any area that's not used (at least in my house), became a storage area, a place where we put things that we didn't have a space for. Now, I'm home, retired, and have moved the contents of my entire office into that space. The boxes from my office remain on the counters and floors, and I need to begin going through them to begin sorting and organizing. But, the place looks like such a mess that I hate being down there! I'm hoping that we can begin getting the place back into a functional, enjoyable space. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I remember when just the front office was there and the back space was where we had a couch and the nintendo! And even that huge chest freezer!! I can't imagine where that would go now! I will help you get organized if you need it. Just let me know. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.