The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Surprise in the Closet

I just got home from a Girl's Getaway with three fantastic women at the Molly Pitcher Inn in Red Bank, New Jersey.  We had a blast, and the days went by so quickly!  I've posted about Red Bank before and the wonderful antique stores located there. 

Rather than list all of the stores and restaurants we visited and include photos of some of the beautiful antique peices that I found, I thought I'd share a photo of something on saw on Thursday morning on my way down to breakfast that was very interesting but unexpected. 

Here it is:



Believe me, it caught me by surprise and of course I had to stop and take a photo.  

It looks like he was looking for somebody, doesn't it? 

He didn't seem to notice me though. 

Do you see the Mrs. standing demurely in the background? 

I also wanted to get in on Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound but I always forget that I need to post by Friday evening, so here's the photo I was going to use. 

It's a hibiscus flower that I photographed in Cape May, New Jersey last month.  I'm thinking about getting a hibiscus topiary for the farm - but I'm not sure where I would put it yet. 

I hope your weekend is going beautifully and that you are relaxing and enjoying time with friends and family.  My daughter is home for the weekend and we're taking her back home to Brooklyn tomorrow, hopefully stopping at some of my favorite food shops and boutiques as well.  

Ciao, bella! 

8 comments:

  1. That was quite a surprise to see! How funny....it reminds me of Christmas!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friend......I believe that sweet deer was just taking a peak outside to see if it was time for Christmas!! (O:(O:

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's quite interesting, LOL Love the picture of the flower! Beautiful! :-0 Have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! They could do a serious amount of damage in the closet!

    I have hardy hibiscus that have just bloomed, absolutely love them and no one can believe them when they see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very adorable Ann Marie! sounds like a wonderful getaway with the girls. I hope you are having a nice day with your daughter and it didn't rain too hard in the Brooklyn area. I love the picture of the Hibiscus. We grow many of them here in pots, they all come in for the winter except the perennial ones with have such lovely massive flowers. They are planted in the ground and are very hardy. The others winter over well inside and year after year they keep blooming all year long. I strongly encourage adding them to your garden/home they will add years of happiness. The soft pink are my favorites.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I wasn't expecting that picture! How sweet and they look like they are checking out the time of year...maybe they sense fall in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI FARM GIRL, LOVE YOUR DEER, DID YOU SHOW THEM TO UNCLE DICK, HE'LL LOVE THEM. :)
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME IN RED BANK, THEY DO HAVE A NICE SHOPS. TAKE CARE, LOVE AUNT RIZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see that you had a good time in Red Bank...we actually just got back from a quick dinner at the diner. We live one town over and can walk into Red Bank. Now I will have to read more of your posts...we also love Cape May.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.