The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tomato Sandwiches

Okay, yesterday I was talking with another blogger about being in the moment, and yes, yesterday morning I was supposed to be focusing on my breath, my posture, keeping my shoulders down, tucking my tummy, tightening my butt, keeping my legs long, tightening my core (still haven't quite found that elusive thing they call the core) as well as focusing on my balance and my reach, and so many other things while at an exercise class on Monday morning. 



However, all I could think about was the tomato sandwich I was going to make with tomatoes from FHFB's garden as soon as I got home.



It was magnificent!! 
Aren't those two beautiful tomatoes??

11 comments:

  1. One of the best parts of summer, a home grown tomato sandwich-yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like mother like daughter...
    Looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to have a reward for all the work in class! Gorgeous tomatoes. I would find it hard to be in the moment with that meal awaiting me.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tomatoes look good. We live on tomato sandwiches in August. Sometimes we split a loaf of french bread, brush it with a good olive oil and cover with sliced tomatoes. Top it with Italian fontina and broil until it's nice and golden. Add some fresh basil and a nice glass of chianti, and you have a quick dinner. I was just saying to Gary the last time we saw you that I thought your butt looked tighter. Was I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my sweet friend..those tomatoes are beautiful....mine are just starting to get ripe...enjoying a few each day...

    so HAPPY to see you at farmhouse...

    about the pie crust...i use the one out of martha stewarts pie book..it is an old book...but i have always loved it...

    and sometimes...i use the one on the side of the crisco can :-)
    you still can't beat a crust made with crisco...old fashion...

    wow...i was just reading that recipe idea for tomatoes from jo ann...that sounds GOOD !!!!

    hoping this finds you and everyone at frog hollow farm well

    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann Marie,
    Your tomatoes are lucking amazingly delicious. I don't think any tomatoes out that can compare to our 'Jersey Tomatoes', we surely are the Garden State!! We made homemade guacamole with tomatoes from our garden yesterday, it was so fresh and delicious.
    Stop by when you have time, I posted on our gardens and some yummy recipes.
    Have a great day
    xoxo
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is about drooling over the tomatoes, LOL I did a post showing her eating a huge tomato we got at the farmer's stand, eating it just as it was. She loves them so much, and my husband loves when I make tomato sandwiches for him. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Yes, Yes, it looks so good. Wish I had a fresh tomato for a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a cute post......how could you focus on the present when you had such a PRESENT from your garden waiting for you at home!! Fresh tomatoes are the absolute best....altho I can't remember the last time I had one from a homegrown garden.

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. MMMMM...that's what I had yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI FARM GIRL,
    WHEN I READ YOUR TITLE TOMATO
    SANDWICH, I THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR GRANDMOTHER, (MY MOM)..........
    WHEN WE WERE KIDS AND POP POP HAD HIS HUGE GARDENS (ACRES) OF ALL THE DIFFERENT VEGATABLES
    THAT WE HELPED YOUR POP POP PLANT AND WEED, AND PICK. THEN SIT ON THE FRONT PORCH AND BREAK THE GREEN BEANS, SO GRANDMA COULD CANNED THEM. WE HAD BUSHELS OF EVERYTHING YOU COULD THINK OF. FOR LUNCH MY MOM WOULD MAKE A PLATTER OF TOMATO SANDWICHES,MADE WITH FRESH WHITE BREAD, MAYO, AND BEAUTIFUL TOMATOES. MY BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S AND I LOVED THEM, WITH HOMEMADE ICE TEA. THOSE WERE THE DAYS. WE WOULD SIT ON THE PORCH, AND ON THE RADIO WAS SOAP OPERAS, HELEN TRENT, OUR GAL SUNDAY, IT WAS GREAT, FOR DESSERT WE HAD WATERMELON.
    NEVER REALIZED IT AT THE TIME, BUT WE WERE VERY FORTUNATE KIDS, WE HAD IT ALL AND DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT. HAVE A NICE DAY. LOVE, AUNT RIZ

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.