The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Frog Hollow Farm Girl is not a Techie




Hi everyone, I am not a a person who is very knowledgeable or enthusiastic about technology and have been on an on-line chat with Hewlett-Packard all morning. Both times the HP techies Sean and Sandy, tried to help, but Sandy, the second tech, actually had connection difficulties on her end and kept getting bumped off of the chat page. Can you believe it?
I followed every one of Sean's suggestions but still have a problem with my cute little HP Mini (great to travel with). On a much more enjoyable note my first attempt at creating a delicious aperitivo was very successful. The Bruschetta with Matchstick Pepper Strips was delicious. I don't know why I didn't take a photo to post, I must have been too anxious to taste it! The contrast of the red pepper strips when paired with Zucchine Saltate al Basilico e Pecorino (Sauteed Zucchini with Basil and Pecorino Romano Cheese) was outstanding. The zucchini recipe was from a second cookbook by Viana LaPlace called Cucina Rustica. After his very busy 11 hour day at the office, my Sicilian husband was very happy to see the two colorful, delicious dishes, which were served with homemade garlic and fresh parsley crostini. I used a dark blue oval Italian pottery dish with lemons and small white flowers from my absolutely most favorite pottery store in Florence, Lucca Della Robbia on Via del Proconsolo. Silvia and her grandfather are the artists. I've visited their store three times, each time purchasing many beautiful peices of pottery - I've included a few of those peices above this blog. Tonight's aperitivo will include the following recipes, both from Vivian LaPlace's cookbooks - Polenta con Broccoli (Polenta with Broccoli Sauce) and Asparagi all'Acciughe (Asparagus with Anchovy Sauce). They might not actually go together very well, but that's what I've got in the fridge today. Can you all tell that I've discovered the text color option on new post page? Have a wonderful day. Ciao Bella!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, This sounds delicious! I think you must be a foodie, like me! I am constantly thinking about what the next meal is. We have our house for sale so I've been making a lot of frozen dinners. I like the break at first but now I'm itching to get the kitchen messy again!

    Good Luck with blogging...just started in Sept. myself after publishing a book. come see at zen-mama.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.