The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Tablecloths

Besides dishes and recipes, I seem to collect tablecloths.  I have so many of them with beautiful colors and patterns, but I don't seem to use many them often, if at all (some remain in their original packaging, unopened).
Like pottery, I tend to purchase linens like these in my travels - the top beige/white patterned cloth is from San Giaminano in Italy and the darker yellow with needlepoint flowers is from France (but purchased in Oregon).  The bright colored cloths are from April Cornell, I love her colors!  The one in the way back on the right is from Williams Sonoma, I actually bought the dishes and glassware that was on the display table in the store along with this tablecloth and napkins.  Today's task is to go through the tablecloths and try to match them up with my various dishes, both antique and new.  I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I thought that if I did this I would be more likely to pull out a tablecloth when setting a table for entertaining.  One of my very good friends stores her tablecloths on large cardboard rolls - I just fold mine in our linen closet.  I've also heard of hanging them in the closet as well - not sure which is the best way.  If I'm successful I'll try to post some of my table settings with the tablecloths.  Knowing me, I will probably end up purchasing more dishes to match the tablecloths!!! 
Ciao Bella!!

1 comment:

  1. I love table cloths too and tea towels! Happy SITS Saturday Share Fest!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.