The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Making Progress


Today is Day 2 of the basement organization project. But, I'm sitting here in my cozy kitchen with a cup of tea procrastinating, and of course, thinking about dinner and what I'll be cooking for my very handsome husband.
I think I'll be making a new recipe for aperitivo this evening - Shrimp Bruschetta from "da Zaccaria" (a recipe from Mario Battali's Simple Italian Food cookbook). This is a simple dish that used limoncello when sauteing the garlic - YUM! We have some leftover risotto cakes with marinara sauce from Saturday night and some grilled eggplant and zucchini from last night. I think I'll make some mini eggplant/zucchini parmesan/ricotta bundles from these leftovers. Now that I have that figured out I feel better, so I guess I'll head downstairs and begin sorting through things, and move closer to my plans for a classy renovated office area for both my husband and me! Ciao Bella!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my Deep South Dish blog - hope that you visit again. Looks like you have a great start with your blogging - I look forward to learning more about your ventures and especially this beautiful piece of land you live on, so I've added your blog to my reading list!! Best of luck with your new adventure into the world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Marie, Your project is coming along nicely! I love good organization, it makes my crazy busy life run so much more smoothly....its just getting started that is the hard part!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh cheri, can I come to dinner? I was expecting a southern farm girl instead of an Italienne gourmet. thanks so much for stopping by my blog on my SITS day, I so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just saw your 'read more'. thought these were all pretty short and sort of stopped short posts.

    will have to go back and read more now i guess.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.