The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Frog Hollow Farm Margarita recipe

Okay, maybe I do have time to post about Cinco de Mayo.  Here's our very simple Frog Hollow Farm Margarita recipe.  I learned how to make this drink in Wellfleet Massachusetts many years ago from our friends Steve and Liz.
Here goes: 
Use 6 oz of a 12 oz frozen drink mix for each blender full.  Place 6 oz 9half) of frozen drink mix in a blender. Add the following to the blender:  6 oz tequila  and 2 oz triple sec - I use the empty frozen drink can to measure each of those ingredients.  Fill the blender with ice and go for it!  You can rim your glass with salt if you like, I love using salt!  Add a slice of lime and enjoy!
Ciao, bella!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, I needed that (lips smacking)

    Ciao (hiccup)
    Ele xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO TO YOU FARM GIRL, WE ARE HAVING TACO'S TONIGHT, AND ALL THE EXTRAS. THE GIRLS HAVE DANCE TONIGHT SO IT'S A BUSY NIGHT.
    OHHHH THOSE MARGARITA'S SOUND
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS.
    LOVE, AUNT RIZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann Marie, I love Margaritas, tequila is one of my favorites. We just made a batch a little while ago. They were on the rocks.. But I love them any way I can have them!! Hope you are having a nice Cinco de Mayo!! Have a wonderful Mother's Day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.