The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Monday, May 17, 2010

My First Etsy Purchase


Today I received my first purchase from the Etsy store in the mail. 

It's an I Spy Quilt kit for a new baby boy!

This is what the quilt will look like when it's finished:





Here's what all of the pre-cut pieces look like:

(sorry about the photo, I don't take great photos without natural light and it's kind of cloudy this afternoon)



The directions for sewing the pieces together seem clear and the project looks like it will be fun and rewarding.  I can't wait to begin - I'm pulling my old Bernina sewing machine out from the closet as soon as I can. I used it the other day and it seems to be in good working order. 

Thank you Cassie at Quilt-Addicts all the way from Queensland, Australia! 

Ciao, bella!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann Marie, this looks like a beautiful quilt and project. I am a beginner sewer and have never made a quilt. I am hoping to make some window treatments soon????
    Hope all is well, such a gloomy day today. Oliver and I are going to make cutout sugar cookies and decorate them to brighten up our day a little bit.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO MY FARM GIRL,
    I REMEMBER MAKING MY FIRST QUILT, IT WAS 1976, I WAS CARRYING JENNY. I HAD A BBQ IN LAKEWOOD AND AUNT JOAN, GOT US STARTED ON A FRIENDSHIP QUILT. DO YOU REMEMBER IT? WELL, I AM STILL WORKING ON IT. I HAVE TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER. DO YOU BELIEVE IT?
    YOUR QUILT LOOKS VERY NICE, ENJOY IT. OUR WEATHER IS SO HORRIBLE, COLD, DAMP, I THINK WE HAVE ONE MORE DAY OF THIS.
    TAKE CARE, STAY DRY.
    LOVE, AUNT RIZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,
    I would love to organize my recipes better...I am continently forgetting where I found the recipe!! It takes hours to find them at times. Good luck with your fitness program, morning works great for me..after my coffee. I don't like to workout in the evening at all. It keeps me up. Your trips sound good, I love both places. Ireland is amazingly beautiful. I love the Cliffs of Moor. We keep changing our plans, but I think we are all heading to Bermuda. I love it there, it is so gorgeous and elegant. Then we will go up to Lake George, Vermont and Finger Lakes on and off all summer to visit family and friends. We were suppose to go to Europe but we all wanted to go snorkeling in Bermuda, we should know by next week!
    Our cookies came out good, it made the day a little cheerier.
    take care
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Farm Girl, just popped in to let you know I treasure our friendship and to thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for the heartfelt comments you leave behind even when I am unable to return the visit, you are a gem of a friend.

    Take care darling
    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I managed to complete a baby quilt years ago, and now have two quilts that I need to finish piecing and sewing. I won't tell you how many years I've been working on them.

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.