The Kitchen Window

The Kitchen Window
Antique Milk Bottles with Herbs and Flowers

Welcome!

Welcome to the Frog Hollow Farm blog! I've been blogging since January 2010 and have switched from Blogger to Word Press, but I'm back to Blogger because, for me, it's easier to use. My husband and I live on a little farm in Northwest New Jersey. We have some chickens and a very large vegetable garden with asparagus and raspberries, and rows and rows of sunflowers, snapdragons and zinnias. Traveling, entertaining, gardening, spending time with family, studying Italian, blogging and reading keep us busy and happy. With all of this going on, moving towards a simpler life seems almost impossible but it's definitely a daily goal.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tea Table in the Kitchen

Sometimes there are just too many things on my kitchen counters, and I need to clear them a bit in order to clear my mind, if you know what I mean.  This little table came from the family room foyer in my parent's house.  It's a little rectangle-shaped table with a little cutting board that pulls out from the front - you can see the little knob pull in this picture.  I decided to try to fit it at the end of our kitchen counter and turn it into a little tea table - this would then make it possible to remove all of the 'tea things' from the other counter and place them in one location.  There's also an outlet here that can be used for the coffeepot when necessary -we still use the old-fashioned Farberware percolator - we think it makes the best coffee, and keeps the coffee hot as well.  My daughter hated the table at the end of the counter and thought that we'd constantly
be bumping into it.  I was a little worried about that as well but so far, so good. 


I don't love the look of the table, the wood is kind of like an oak and our cabinets and floors are all pine. So, I covered the table with an old embroidered tablecloth that belonged to my mom as well, and I think it looks pretty cute.

The wooden box with the rooster painted on it holds my regular Lipton teabags.  My sister Laurie gave it to me a long time ago.  The little off-white teapot in the center is an antique Salada teapot (that's a big S on the top of the pot) - and I have organic raw sugar inside.  The little red covered bowl holds regular white sugar and the cylinder shaped canister is an old ceramic peice with green painted trim - that holds our coffee (Dunkin' Donuts of course!)  The ceramic rooster is a little decorative piece that I had in my kitchen - right now it doesn't function as anything on the table except looking cute.



I added a little vase with daffodils (this was taken in April) and my antique glass pitcher of milk fits nicely in the front. 


Here's a view from the side - it was hard for me to take photos of this because there isn't much light directly in front of the table. 

  I just love embroidered pieces like this. 

Here's a close up of the embroidery on the side of the tablecloth.


I'm linked into Metamorphosis Monday.

Ciao, bella!

8 comments:

  1. It is precious. I think it's perfect and you've done a wonderful job. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just spent a few minutes getting caught up with your blog. It's always so nice to visit over here! I love your tea table! What a great idea. I like having things out, but I like clear counter tops, so this is a good suggestion. Love that the table came from your mom and dad's house.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting and your kind comment.

    I lov eyour hand embroidered tablecloth!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a greta little table! I love pieces like this that you can tuck into small areas and they provide so much for display and storage space. Good call on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI FARM GIRL,
    LOVE YOUR TEA TABLE, AND HOW NICE THAT IT WAS YOUR MOM'S. YOUR TABLE CLOTH IS SO VINTAGE, I JUST CAME ACROSS A TABLE SCARF MY MOM, (YOUR GRANDMOTHER) MADE. IT HAS TO BE 75 YEARS OLD. LOVE YOUR IDEA WITH THE TABLE IT LOOKS REAL NICE.
    LOVE, AUNT RIZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove your embroidered piece! Wanted to stop by and say "thank you" for the visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like little treasures, I cherish each and every one of them! Frog Hollow Farm Girl reserves the right to edit or delete all comments that are offensive, hateful in nature, or attack other visitors to this blog. All potential spam comments will be deleted.