Well, I finally dug out my old Bernina sewing machine and sewed up a little curtain to fit on a spring rod to hide some shelves on a piece of furniture in our conservatory.
The Frog Hollow Farm Conservatory
This is what the shelves looked like before adding the little curtain:
I found several sets of April Cornell dishtowels at Home Goods for $4 each. The colors and pattern seemed just right - I wanted something with a little yellow in it, preferably a pattern with lines, not flowers. I sewed three of the dishtowels together to fit onto the spring rod, with a little puckering for fullness.
Here's how it looks now:
Now, I realize that the lines don't match up but that's okay in this setting (I think). You can see that several of the plants are no longer on the top shelves, they're outside enjoying the dappled sunlight on a little table under our maple tree in the wine garden. I definitely need to add some things to those shelves - it's looking a bit bare right now.
Here's a close-up of the dishtowel fabric:
Even though the shelves aren't in this picture I think the fabric works well with the rug and other colors in the room.
I'm at Transformation Thursday - stop by to see all of the fabulous ideas!